Gifting culture is common in corporates. Other than gifting the outstanding performers, the corporates hand out gifts on festive occasions and important occasions like Company formation day. In India, Corporate gifts is something that most of the companies go for to keep employees happy and satisfied. Gifts, when given to outperformers, instil a spirit of healthy competition and motivate others to perform better. The employees feel that their efforts are acknowledged and they get encouraged to put in honest efforts further.
If you are an employer who is looking for the Corporate gift ideas, then there are few things that you should keep in mind.
- There is a wide range of items that can be gifted to employees such as gifts like barware, candle holders, lunch boxes, bowls and glasses, wall clocks etc. A good idea would be to rope in human-resources-department to conduct a survey to find the preference of the employees. This way you will be able to spend the money on the item that will make your employees happier.
- Buying a gift keeping yourself in the receiver’s shoes would never make you go wrong. Just think what your reaction would be if you received that particular gift and then make the decision. Never make the purchase in a haste or of something that is futile and cheesy, else it would simply be the waste of money.
- Always allocate an amount in the company budget for gifts. This way you will be prepared well in advance. Also, knowing the budget beforehand will help you in choosing the appropriate gift.
- If you can find something that your employees can use on a daily basis will be the best thing to gift. This makes them feel connected to the company. It can be a simple thing like a coffee mug or a watch or maybe a laptop bag. Every time the employee sips his coffee from that mug or carries his laptop in that bag, it will remind him of his company and he will feel an integral part of the company.
- The last but the most important thing to keep in mind is to buy gifts from a trusted source. All efforts made in selecting the ideal gift will go in vain if you buy it from a non-trusted source and it stops functioning in few days. Suppose you bought the laptop bag from a lesser known brand and it wears down within a few days of usage, then it will reflect badly on the name of the company. So, whatever you choose to give, never be ‘penny wise pound foolish.’
The basic idea behind gifting to the employees is to accelerate the feeling of bonding and appreciation. Don’t let that ruin by some silly mistake of yours.